Thursday, January 5, 2012

WE ARE HERE!!

Greetings from Seim Reap, Cambodia!!
We and ALL our luggage arrived safely at 9:16 this evening, we are now relaxing in a wonderful motel that Garth or Caroline set up for us, I am relaxing on a bed as we speak, so good to stretch out after the long day of travel.
Oh my you should have seen the look on the face of our tuk tuk driver, when he saw all of our luggage, he said you must be staying a long, long time! We assured him it was not all for us mostly to give away!
We met many lovely people on our flight over had a wonderful talk with a lady coming back to Cambodia for the first time since she left it 32 years ago. She was accompanied by her daughter who was born while in the refugee camp in Thailand, she and her daughter survived but she lost two other children. Her story is one of thousands here in Cambodia.
Oh and to my surprise my blogging queue's are now in Khmer, those will be extremely helpful since I have trouble speaking the language, much less reading it.
So if strange things happen well it might not be all my fault!
Blessings and enough rambling for tonight!
Ed and Mary

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your mom or mother-in-law. I know that had to be hard leaving her. I am sure she is in good hands. Thank you for the updates. love it.

    ReplyDelete