Thursday, January 5, 2012

We are in Siem Reap!!

Good morning from Siem Reap!

I did try to post last evening, but all the headers were in Khmer and I had no idea what I was doing as there is no post of last evening!

We are so thankful to have arrived safely in Siem Reap, we will travel by taxi today to Battambang! No more air travel for a bit. We did meet lovely people on the flight, one lady was on her way to Siem Reap for the first time in 32 years, she left with her children (did not speak of husband at all) to go to the refugee camp in Thailand 32 years ago, two of her children died but the daughter who is accompanying her on this trip was born in the camp. She had so much in her eyes as she was telling me her story, I just wanted to hug her!!

We arrived with ALL of our luggage, the tuk tuk driver said you must stay a long time, I said most of it is to be given away, as are the four 50 pounders - exciting, we pray a blessing on all of the gifts sent with us to Cambodia! But he did get it all on the tuk tuk, and as we flew thru the streets of Siem Reap we were very thankful it did not tip over!

Our Hotel room is amazing thank you Garth or Caroline for setting up such amazing accomidations for us! I slept well and Ed is still sleeping, I slept more on the plane than he did and it is still only 6:30am.

Praising God for safe travels thus far, and asking his guidance on our time spent here in Cambodia!

Blesssings to all,
Ed and Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment